Summer for me generally means partytime…and you all know I love a good party! There are festivals, parades, pool parties, barbeques, bonfires and a few too many late nights out. You gotta love it 🙂
In a few weeks I am going to a Summer Solstice Party…sounds very “Real Housewives-ish” doesn’t it!? To me a Summer Solstice Party also means Boho Chic…and I LOVE Boho Chic!.
When thinking about what I would wear to this party (yes, I think about these things way in advance…I’m a girly girl remember!?) I couldn’t help but envision wearing a Boho Chic Headband. What better time than a Summer Solstice Party to sport this super cute trend?
So… I could go out and buy this Boho Chic Headband…or I could go the DIY route. Guess which option I choose?
Of course I chose the DIY route 🙂
I already had a braided headband that would work perfect for the Boho Chic version. But, if you have to buy them I’m sure you could find one for $1 somewhere. Then I purchased some lace and bohemian ribbon from Joann’s. I also found some light blue rhinestone jewels to add some bling to the headband. A girl’s always got to have a little bling. Especially this girl!
1. Decide on the shapes you want to use for your Boho Chic Headband. I decided to go with a diamond shape with the bohemian ribbon, and an oval shape with the lace ribbon. Boho style after all has lots of cool shapes!
2. Cut the bohemian ribbon into small diamonds.
3. Then apply a thin coat of clear nail polish to the edges to keep the ribbon from fraying.
4. Cut the lace ribbon into small ovals.
5. Hot glue the bohemian diamonds on to the lace ovals.
6. Then hot glue the rhinestone jewel in the center of each diamond.
7. Lastly, evenly space out your ribbon pieces. Then hot glue, or sew them onto the headband. (Note: I went the hot glue route, but sewing them onto the headband would keep them attached longer.)
And you have your very own Boho Chic Headband!
These are so easy to make! Plus, there are about a gazillion different ways to make them. Maybe I’ll sport this Boho Chic Headband look all Summer long. And maybe it will distract from the frizzy hair mess I’ll be sporting ALL Summer long 🙂
Now if only you could wear them to work…
Who’s ready to jump on the Boho Chic Headband wagon with me this Summer!?
Have a great day!
I’ve linked up at: